The Spokesman

Meet the Candidates: Leo W. Dymowski

The MSU Spokesman

Leo-DymowskiLeo Dymowski is the Libertarian candidate for Maryland Attorney General.

Dymowski is a Maryland Parole Commission hearing officer, who spent 15 years as a trial attorney.

He graduated from Archbishop Curley High School in Baltimore. Afterwards he served in the Army as a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division for three years and worked for the Housing Authority of Baltimore City for seven years.

He earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from UMBC in three years, and later received a master’s in urban planning and management at the University Maryland College Park. He earned his law degree from the University of Baltimore.

Dymowski said his plan as attorney general is to make communities in Maryland safe, but he opposes “The War on Drugs” that has been a central part of crime fighting locally and nationally. He is also a gun control opponent. He says his “Safety Solution” program to legalize marijuana and support “the right of law-abiding citizens” to possess guns would make Maryland safer.

He also plans to address other issues, including those that result in “overtaxed and overregulated Marylanders.”

Dymowski says he opposes Maryland’s health exchange and will support strategies to disband it.

1 Comment

One Response to “Meet the Candidates: Leo W. Dymowski”

1. Maryland Voters go to the Polls: A Look at the Races | The MSU Spokesman on November 4th, 2014 8:09 am

[…] seat: State Senator Brian E. Frosh (Democrat), Towson attorney Jeffrey Pritzker (Republican) and Parole Commissioner Leo Dymowski (Libertarian). In this democratic state, however, this race is unlikely to be […]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Student News Site of Morgan State University
Meet the Candidates: Leo W. Dymowski