The Spokesman

Meet the Candidates: Peter Franchot

The MSU Spokesman

franchot_family4

Peter Franchot with his wife Anne Maher and his children, Abigail and Nick

Peter Franchot is Maryland’s incumbent Democratic comptroller, He is running for re-election for the second time.

Franchot has served as the state’s chief financial officer and on the House of Delegates Appropriations Committee even though he has no accounting experience. He also chaired the transportation and environmental subcommittees before becoming comptroller.

He said he wants to make it easier for families to file their taxes and quickly get their refunds. One of his campaign ads says he has made sure taxpayers get their refunds within three days of filing.

Under his leadership, the Maryland Comptroller’s office has received national recognition as the most efficient and effective comptroller’s office in the country.

Franchot also said his record shows he has fought to keep Maryland competitive in the knowledge-based economy, to create a climate of economic opportunity and to protect Maryland’s precious natural resources.

1 Comment

One Response to “Meet the Candidates: Peter Franchot”

1. Maryland Voters go to the Polls: A Look at the Races | The MSU Spokesman on November 4th, 2014 8:09 am

[…] seat up for grabs is the comptroller’s. Democratic contender Peter Franchot is the incumbent running for a third term in office.  His Republican opponent, William Henry […]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Student News Site of Morgan State University
Meet the Candidates: Peter Franchot