Men’s basketball loses 93-80 to Seattle University Redhawks Thursday night

Sophomore guard Will Thomas scored a career-high 15 points in the loss.

After+their+loss+Thursday+night%2C+Morgan+remains+winless+against+NCAA+Division+I+opponents.+

Edwin Moore

After their loss Thursday night, Morgan remains winless against NCAA Division I opponents.

Tariq Turner, Sports Editor

Morgan’s men’s basketball team (2-2) lost their second consecutive game Thursday night as they fell 93-80 to the Seattle University Redhawks.

The starters for the Bears Thursday night were Sherwyn Devonish, Trevor Moore, De’Torrion Ware, Myles Douglas, and Lagio Grantsaan.

Senior guard Malik Miller remained out with an ankle injury.

The Redhawks jumped out to an early 12-0 lead within the first 4:07 of the game and never looked back.

By the third media timeout, the Redhawks led 39-15. Sophomore guard Cameron Tyson scored 24 points and made six of seven shots from behind the arc.

Tyson only scored two more points the rest of the game.

At halftime, Seattle University led 55-23.

In the second half, Keith McGee, Isaiah Burke, and Will Thomas started in place of Trevor Moore, De’Torrion Ware, and Myles Douglas.

Ware, who came into the game leading his team with 19.7 points per game, did not see any action in the second half. He finished the game with one point and missed his only field goal attempt.

3-point defense was an issue for the Bears throughout the game as the Redhawks finished the game shooting 50 percent from behind the arc on 30 attempts.

One bright spot for the Bears was Thomas who arguably had the best performance of his collegiate career.

The sophomore guard finished the game with a career-high 15 points and made five of eight shots.

Morgan went on a 14-3 scoring run in the last 3:54 of the game.

The Bears were led in scoring by Burke who scored 19 points and made five of eight shots from behind the arc.

The team’s next scheduled game is this Saturday at 10 p.m. against the University of Portland in the Chiles Center in Portland, Ore.