Men’s basketball defeats Penn State Greater Allegheny in blowout fashion

The Bears improved their record to 2-0 after defeating Penn State Greater Allegheny 126-71 Thursday night.

Edwin Moore

Senior guard Keith McGee scored 27 points and missed just one shot on 13 field goal attempts Thursday night

Tariq Turner, Sports Editor

Morgan’s men’s basketball team (2-0) defeated Penn State Greater Allegheny Nittany Lions (1-2) 126-71 Thursday night in Hill Field House.

The Bears were led in scoring by senior guard Keith McGee who scored 27 points on 12-13 shooting.

McGee made three of four shots behind the arc and had eight steals.

Senior forward Myles Douglas started in place of senior guard Malik Miller, who missed the game with an ankle injury.

Despite a different starting lineup, Morgan’s recipe for success was similar to what it was Tuesday night.

The Bears executed a full-court pressure which led to 40 turnovers from the Nittany Lions.

Morgan scored 53 points off of turnovers.

The Bears also shot well from the field as they made 47 shots on 84 attempts.

Morgan never trailed in the game and every active player scored.

In addition to McGee’s 27 points, senior forward Lagio Grantsaan and junior guard De’Torrion Ware also scored in double figures.

Grantsaan scored 22 points and grabbed 10 rebounds.

He made seven of his nine field goal attempts and eight of his 14 shots from the foul line.

Ware scored 17 points despite shooting 27.8 percent from the field on 18 shots.

The Nittany Lions were led in scoring by freshman guard Stalin Oaks who scored 12 points.

The Bears are back in action this Sunday at 6 p.m. when they face George Mason in EagleBank Arena in Fairfax, Va. The game will stream live on ESPN+.