MSU announces partnership with Under Armour

The multimillion-dollar deal secures a five-year partnership with the brand.

Morgan+State+University+partners+with+Under+Armour.+

Courtesy of Morgan State University

Morgan State University partners with Under Armour.

Oyin Adedoyin, Editor in Chief

Morgan State University announced a multimillion-dollar partnership with Under Armour, a Baltimore-based sports equipment and apparel company, on Monday.

“Morgan State is excited to begin our new partnership with Under Armour as we look to provide our student-athletes the best possible resources to excel on the national stage,” Athletic Director Edward Scott said in a statement.

The five-year partnership makes Under Armour the official outfitter for the university’s athletic department and all of its teams, starting this year.

Beginning with the upcoming basketball season, Morgan State will provide Under Armour uniforms, apparel, gear and equipment for all athletes, coaches, athletic department personnel and the campus community.

The athletic department was previously sponsored by Adidas and Nike footwear.

“Our goal is to provide the Bears’ student-athletes a competitive edge as they seek excellence in their daily goals with best-in-class performance innovations,” said the Under Armour team in a statement to The MSUSpokesman.

Under Armour currently outfits 11 state colleges, including Loyola Maryland, Towson, Mount St. Mary’s, UMBC, Goucher and more.

Morgan State is the latest historically black college and university (HBCU) to partner with the Baltimore brand. The university joins Hampton, Howard, Southern, Texas Southern and the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA).

“We’re proud to support these student-athletes on and off the field, standing with them and for them,” Under Armour said.

Student-athletes will debut their new apparel with the first game of the men’s and women’s basketball season.