The Spokesman

Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s Hiring 86,000 for Holiday Season

The MSU Spokesman

NEW YORK – Macy’s Inc. has announced that it will hire 86.000 seasonal associates  — including students on break – at its Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s stores, call centers, distribution centers and online fulfillment centers for the holiday season.

“We first offer our current associates the opportunity to work extra hours over the holidays, then supplement our ongoing workforce with seasonal hires.” said Terry J. Lundgren, the chairman of Macy’s Inc. , which hires 172,500 year-round employees.

More than 850 seasonal hires will work at the 88th annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, Santaland and other iconic holiday events.

Macy’s Inc. supports students looking for part time work and extra money during winter break.

“We employee students working during break to help pay tuition, retirees seeking to remain active and individuals from many walks of life wanting to supplement their income.” Lundgren said..

Most seasonal employee positions are part time, flexible and require employees to work evenings, weekends and overnight.  Based on performance, employees may be offered year-round positions. Applications are accepted on www.macysJOBS.com and www.bloomingdalesJOBS.com . (The New York Carib News)

Get the full story here.