One person shot at Morgan State’s homecoming

The victim, who is not a Morgan student, was shot outside of the University Student Center.

Jordan D. Brown

Though faced more frequently with violence, Morgan stationed officers have said that they are only given a clipboard to note what occurs on their shift while their counterparts at Johns Hopkins have access to radio systems.

Cayla Cade, Features Editor

A 20-year-old male was shot around 10:05 p.m. outside of the University Student Center on Saturday, the night of Morgan State University’s homecoming. 

The victim was not a Morgan student, according to Larry Jones, assistant vice president of the office public relations and strategic communications. 

Jones confirmed in an email that the victim was transferred to a local hospital and all guests and visitors were cleared from campus after the shooting.

The victim is in stable condition, according to the Baltimore Police Department’s media advisory. 

Morgan State University Police and Public Safety Department told the Spokesman they currently have no further information to give Saturday night. 

The campus was filled with students and guests where they came together to celebrate Morgan’s “155” homecoming festivities. 

This is the second consecutive year of a shooting during Morgan’s homecoming. 

The university previously said campus would close at 9 p.m. Saturday night, but attendees were still present at the time of the shooting.

This is a developing story, stay tuned for more updates.