Morgan looks for first win of the season against Sacred Heart

The Bears (0-2) will face the Sacred Heart Pioneers (1-1) this Saturday at 1 p.m.

Edwin Moore

The Bears return to Morgan State University’s Hughes Memorial Stadium next Saturday.

Tariq Turner, Sports Editor

Morgan State’s football team (0-2) will search for their first win of the season this Saturday as they face the Sacred Heart Pioneers (1-1) at 1 p.m. in Campus Field in Fairfield, Conn.

Both teams lost their games last weekend. Morgan was defeated by Tulane 69-20 while Sacred Heart lost 17-6 to Bryant University.

The game is being streamed on WEAA.org as well as HSRN.com. A live broadcast can be listened to on 88.9 FM.

Morgan quarterback Neil Boudreau threw 26 passes for 184 yards with a 65 percent completion rate in the Bears’ loss against Tulane. He also threw three touchdown passes and two interceptions.

Six of Boudreau’s completed passes were caught by wide receiver Wesley Wolfolk. Wolfolk caught six passes, including two touchdown receptions, for 110 yards.

Pioneers’ quarterback Marquez McCray completed 11 out of 23 passes for 115 yards against Bryant. He did not throw any touchdowns, but he did throw three interceptions.

Morgan head coach Tyrone Wheatley emphasized the importance of executing technique to his team ahead of Saturday’s game.

“Technique, technique, technique,” linebacker Devan Hebron said about what it will take to earn a win on Saturday. “Tighten down, just doing our job.”

Linebacker Lawrence Richardson added that it will take a team effort to beat Sacred Heart.

Richardson said the team will need to be one unit to beat the Pioneers. “Being all in or out,” he said.