MSU students receive free amenities and big discounts

Diamond Durant, Campus News Editor

As the 2018-2019 academic year kicks off, Morgan State University students know that every penny counts. Here are some free amenities and discounts that you could get with your bear card:

1. Counseling Center

The counseling center, located in Carter Grant Wilson, Room 202, provides free psychological and counseling services to Morgan students. Right here on campus, students can discuss personal, social, academic and career concerns with trained psychologists and mental health specialists. The center also comes with a relaxation and stress reduction room, complete with a recliner chair, soothing music and soft lighting.

2. Sports Games

Free admittance to all athletic games on campus makes it easy to cheer the Bears on, no matter the opponent. Your bear card gives you access to all home games, from football season to basketball.

3. Collegetown Shuttle

The Baltimore Collegetown shuttle offers daily schedules that transports students from all over the city between six different campuses. By just showing the driver a bear card, Morgan students can get free transportation to Towson Town Center, Johns Hopkins, Penn Station and more. Morgan’s shuttle stops are located on Hillen Road, outside of the Earl S. Richardson Library and the McKeldin Center.

4.Career Closet

Morgan students with an active eBear account can get access to free professional career clothing. The provided attire is suitable for interviews, career fairs, internships, and other career-related occasions. The closet can be found in the Center for Career Development in Montebello C224.

5. Bear Transit

With an expanding campus, its necessary Morgan provides on campus transportation. Bear Transit operates throughout campus, delivering and picking up students from the engineering building to Jenkins.

6. Library Resources

Most overlook the everyday, critical resources the Richardson library offers. Besides free access to brand new desktops, internet, books, magazines, DVDs and printing, students also get access to the writer center. The canter provides editing and proofreading services for essays and research papers. All students have to do is show their bear card at the door and when swiping into computer labs.

7. Cable

All dorms on campus, including Morgan View, come with free cable. Access to numerous channels, from sports to entertainment are available to students who bring their television.

8. Unidays

Registering for Unidays gives you access to a variety of student discounts, online and in-store. With a college or university email domain, students are allowed percentages off top brands and merchants such ass Puma, H&M, Apple Music, Megabus and more.

9. Movies

The Cinemark theater located in Towson, discounts movie tickets every day during the week except for Tuesday. Students only need to present their valid college ID at the box office.

10. Drinks at Chipotle and Qdoba

A college ID earns students a free drink at Mexican restaurants, Chipotle and Qdoba. Both eateries are located close to campus in Towson.