Four for fall: The Spokesman’s list of essential events this semester

Looking for a job? Check out this list of events to get you ready to work.

Penelope Blackwell, Editor in Chief

Morgan State University hosts multiple events for students seeking jobs throughout the year. Here are some of the most beneficial for the fall 2018 semester:

1. Work Study Fair

On Sept. 6, the Work Study Office and Center for Career Development will host a job fair in the University Student Center (USC) Tyler Ball Room from 1pm to 4pm. Students who are looking for on-campus, part-time and off-campus opportunities will be available.

1. MSU Suit-Up

Morgan and JCPenney have partnered to offer students 40 percent off apparel, accessories and shoes at White Marsh Mall from 8:30am to 12:00pm on Oct.13. Sephora will also give mini makeovers, the salon will provide free consultations and the portrait studio will offer discounted professional headshots. Free transportation will be provided. Students are encouraged to reserve their seat on the bus, which will depart in front of the USC at 8:00am.

1. Career Day

The Hill Field House continues to be the location providing all Morganites with the chance to get full-time, part-time and internship opportunities. This semester, the career fair will take place from 10am to 3pm on Oct. 17.

1. STEAM Career Fair

Students can register for the Science Technology Engineering Architecture Mathematics (STEAM) Virtual Career Fair that will be held on Nov. 15 from 1pm to 7pm (EST). Employers and students will get online and enter the video conference room where all discussion will take place. After speaking with employers, students can apply for any positions the employer has offered.