KN95 Masks provided to students on campus

Students can receive a KN95 mask at the University Student Center, Montebello Complex, Center for the Built Environment and Infrastructure Studies and Earl G. Graves School of Business and Management.

Amere Dorsey

Students must show their Bear Card to receive a KN95 mask.

Amere Dorsey, Staff Writer

As the first week of the spring semester concludes, Morgan State is adjusting to another semester throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.

One way Morgan is combatting the pandemic is by providing KN95 masks to students across campus.

Several buildings on Morgan’s campus are providing the protective face masks from Monday to Friday at 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

To receive a mask, students must show their Bear cards. However, students are limited to one mask.

The KN95 masks are available at:

• University Student Center
  • Center for the Built Environment and Infrastructure Studies (CBEIS)
  • Montebello Complex
  • Earl G. Graves School of Business and Management

Masks will be available at the buildings’ check-in areas.

Security officer Lenard Coman said it is important for the university to provide protective masks to students.

“It’s important that we’re are now giving the KN-95 masks out now to keep the minimum of the virus down for everyone,” Coman said.

Kevin Banks, vice president of student affairs, previously stated the university has acquired 25,000 KN95 masks to distribute on campus.

Students like Oronde Ademis, freshman architecture major, appreciate the access to protective masks on campus.

“I think it’s great that they’re handing out KN95 masks, they’re more efficient,” Ademis said.

KN95 masks have been in popular demand with the recent surges of the Omicron variant.

According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), respirator masks like KN95 and N95 masks provides a higher level of protection than cloth masks.

The university will provide masks while supplies last.

With COVID-19 on the rise, the Office of Student Life and Development wants to ensure students’ safety while on campus this semester.
“We want everyone to be safe and be sure to mask up, social distance and if you feel sick, stay home. Be sure to grab a free KN-95 mask from @msu_sc information desk! You must show your Bear Card to receive one,” the Student life and Developement Development wrote.