2 students test COVID-19 positive the week of Oct. 10th to 16

The university’s testing system saw a decline in COVID-19 cases with two positives on campus.

Justice Georgie

The forum will be held in the University Student Center on Sept. 27.

Nia Lillard, Staff Writer

Morgan State University’s campus saw a decrease in COVID-19 cases last week with two positive cases detected on campus. 69 positive cases have been detected since the start of in-person instruction.

During the week of Oct. 10 to 16, 969 individuals were tested for COVID-19 and 2 students tested positive.

According to the weekly testing data provided by Anita Hawkins, associate dean in the School of Public Health and Policy, 969 individuals were tested.

Two out of 808 students tested positive. None of the 161 tested employees were positive.

Following the relocation of the COVID-19 testing center, there was a decrease in positive cases as well as individuals getting tested.

On Oct. 11, the testing center moved from the University Student Center to the Montebello complex.

Between Sept. 20 to Oct. 9, the university’s COVID-19 testing system averaged 1,127 total tests.

On-campus COVID-19 testing is available to all individuals on campus. It is required for all unvaccinated students and staff to get tested twice weekly.

Testing is available on Monday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3:10 p.m. at Montebello in room B-200. To schedule a COVID-19 test, visit the University health portal.